So, I have these bananas sitting in my fridge that were on their death bed and I wanted to resurrect them the best way possible. As always Nigella Lawson came to the rescue with these absolute beauties.
Chocolate banana muffins.
I'm not the biggest fan of bananas but these are divine and an absolute breeze to make. I loved them straight out of the oven, with a glass of cold coffee. I can also see them reheated to make a lovely treat for a weekend breakfast.
What you need:
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 3 tablespoons best-quality cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a muffin tin with papers. I just bought these beautiful blue muffin cases that I was so glad to use.
- Mash the bananas by hand.Still beating and mashing, add the oil followed by the eggs and sugar.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder and bicarb together and add this mixture, beating gently, to the banana mixture, and finally the chocolate chips then spoon it into the prepared papers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, by which time the muffins should be dark, rounded and peeking proudly out of their cases. Allow to cool slightly in their tin before removing to a wire rack.