Sunday, February 12, 2012

Long hard day series Part IV: Dessert- No bake Cheesecake

I'm a cheesecake purist, but I'm also a woman who works 8-10 hrs a day outside home. Which means that one some days a dessert with no egg beating, no pre-heating, no water baths and no baking is the way to go for me.To be honest it requires a couple of hours of refrigerating to be ready but it needs your time and attention only for about 10-15 mins.

I like to make this cake before I head out on a Monday morning because I know its gonna be a Long Hard Day and its always nice to have someone special waiting for me at home!! :D



What you need:

Crust:
  • 75 gms digestive biscuits
  • 25 gms butter, melted
Filling:
  • 150 gms cream cheese ( feel free to use soft paneer, just give it a quick whirl in a mixer with a tbsp of cream)
  • 125 ml of milk cream
  • 30 gms powdered sugar
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence

How:
  • Pulverise the digestive biscuits, mix with the butter and press the mixture out on the bottom of a greased cheesecake tin.
  • Put all the filling ingredients in a big bowl and mix well to a smooth uniform consistently.
  • NOWs when you get creative. You can replace the vanilla essence with Kahlua like i did or add your favourite liquer to it!!
  • Leave in the refrigerator to cool and set for a couple of hours! Once done you can add  toppings of your choice. My preferences are fresh strawberries soaked in balsamic vinegar, chocolate shavings and a drizzle of Kahlua, Apple and cinnamon preserve or fresh mango pieces when in season!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds totally awesome, It might be the only no bake cheese cake that I say that about.

    I will try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy! this sounds so delicious! I am totally going to try this out tomorrow afternoon! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete