What you need:
For the base:
- 200 gms white flour
- 100 gms butter
- 1 egg
- 25 gms sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Cold water (to make dough)
For the crème patissière:
- 200 ml Fresh cream
- 200ml Full cream milk
- 1 steeped tbsp white flour
- Two vanilla sticks
- 5 eggs
- 75gms sugar
3 juicy mangoes cut in small pieces (to make 6 tartelets)
For the base:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Mix the flour, butter, sugar, salt and egg with your fingers, till you get a uniform mixture.
- Add ice-cold water as needed and make a smooth dough.
- Spread the dough in the tartelette containers and put in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- When it begins to brown take it out and let it cool to room temperature.
- Slice open the vanilla sticks and put in a saucepan with milk and cream.
- Heat the cream, milk and vanilla sticks on low heat till it begins to simmer.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks and sugar together, then add the flour mixing well.
- Take the milk and cream off heat and pour into egg flour mixture.
- Put the whole thing on heat again and let it thicken. As it begins to thicken take it off heat and plunge the saucepan in cold water and keep stirring till it cools. Refrigerate till needed.
Once the base has cooled fill the tartelettes with Crème Patissière and refrigerate. Top with chopped mangoes just before serving.
Don't forget to comment after trying it out. Suggestions are welcome.
*Tartelette is a small one portion tart. Fruit tarts with creme patissiere are usually served as one portion tartelettes