Saturday, July 2, 2016

Dark chocolate and raspberry brownies!

The rains are here and we are having beautiful overcast days with a cool breeze and gentle drizzles. The kind of weather that makes me want to sit at a window, watch the world become rain soaked, sip a coffee and devour a gooey, warm brownie!

As I dreamed about this brownie that I wanted to eat I was hit by the beautiful realisation that I had fresh raspberries in my fridge and I instantly wanted to combine the two into my dream dessert!!
So this is what I did waking up early this Saturday morning..


 What you need:
  • 200g brown sugar
  • 100g dark chocolate, chopped the darkest, dreamiest chocolate you can get your hands on, I used the 75% dark chocolate from Mason & Co.
  • 50g milk chocolate, chopped
  • 125g butter at room temperature
  • 3 eggs, whisked lightly with a fork
  • 70g flour and 25g cocoa powder sieved together
  • 100g raspberry or strawberry. I used a combination of both!
  • 20 ml kahlua
How:
  • Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 20 cm square baking tin.

  • Put the butter and sugar in a pan and melt into a beautiful buttery liquid, put in the chopped chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon. Careful to not let the chocolate burn. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly
  • Stir in the whisked eggs, slowly, into the melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in the Kalhua.
  • Tip in the sieved cocoa powder and flour mixture and stir into a smooth mixture. 
  • Gently stir in half the raspberries, pour into the tray, then top the brownies with the remaining brownies.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 30 mins. Skewer inserted will come out slightly gungy, no worries, it is the secret to brownies with have a sexy fudgy center.

These brownies are dangerously dark and perfect for rain watching, or as a stealthy mid night snack!





No comments:

Post a Comment