The rains are here and we are having beautiful overcast days with a cool breeze and gentle drizzles. The kind of weather that makes me want to sit at a window, watch the world become rain soaked, sip a coffee and devour a gooey, warm brownie!
As I dreamed about this brownie that I wanted to eat I was hit by the beautiful realisation that I had fresh raspberries in my fridge and I instantly wanted to combine the two into my dream dessert!!
So this is what I did waking up early this Saturday morning..
- 200g brown sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped the darkest, dreamiest chocolate you can get your hands on, I used the 75% dark chocolate from Mason & Co.
- 50g milk chocolate, chopped
- 125g butter at room temperature
- 3 eggs, whisked lightly with a fork
- 70g flour and 25g cocoa powder sieved together
- 100g raspberry or strawberry. I used a combination of both!
- 20 ml kahlua
- Put the butter and sugar in a pan and melt into a beautiful buttery liquid, put in the chopped chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon. Careful to not let the chocolate burn. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly
- Stir in the whisked eggs, slowly, into the melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in the Kalhua.
- Tip in the sieved cocoa powder and flour mixture and stir into a smooth mixture.
- Gently stir in half the raspberries, pour into the tray, then top the brownies with the remaining brownies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 mins. Skewer inserted will come out slightly gungy, no worries, it is the secret to brownies with have a sexy fudgy center.
These brownies are dangerously dark and perfect for rain watching, or as a stealthy mid night snack!