Saturday, March 19, 2011

Honey Semifreddo

 I have been too busy cooking and eating to be blogging, but today I have decided to take a break from the former to do a quick update.
Much to my misery, summers are here and I am without an AC. So to keep my sanity intact I have decided to always have ice-cream in the fridge. This one is supremely easy and super delicious and makes me feel a wee -bit Italian eating it. Most of all, I love recipes for which you may just have all the ingredients sitting in your cupboard.
  
What you need
  • 1 eggs
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 100 g honey, best quality, plus 3 tablespoons or so for serving
  • 300 ml double cream
  • 25 g assorted nuts, toasted

1. Beat the egg and egg yolks with the honey in a bowl, over a saucepan of gently simmering water, until the mixture is pale and thick.Whisking by hand is good enough. It takes about 5-7 mins of whisking

2. Whip the double cream until thick, and then gently fold in the egg and honey mixture. Pour into a container and put it in the freezer for about 2-3 hours.

3. When it is ready to serve, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with the toasted nuts, before slicing. It melts really quickly, all the more reason to first eat and then talk!

2 comments:

  1. The picture makes it very very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to try it!!
    Mins is right! very appetising picture!!

    ReplyDelete